Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Rico Amor

Mexicans. We love 'em. I am one. Valery insists on picking these up every chance she gets because they allegedly remind her of me. How could anyone deny the majesty of the following trio: an Italian shoe brush, a bandido with rope arms and a butt-plug sombrero or the splendor that is Hans Bolling's Señor Kahlua? No further explanation needed.

Valery recently purchased these sal y pimienta shakers from Phoney Fresh. We don't know anything about 'em, other than the fact that they're excellent examples of 60s ad merch. Do you?

7 comments:

Devlin Thompson said...

To clarify: are you saying you don't know about these salt shakers in particular, or about South Of The Border?

phoneyfresh said...

It freaks me out that it was YOU GUYS who bought these! I had no idea! It's so funny that I thought of you as soon as I spotted them. I can't think of a better place for these than in your care!

Genzilla said...

Eerie resemblance AA...Valery is right.
Dig the wooden dude in the middle and the s&p shakers. As always, great scores.

monone said...

Great bigotes ! Seguro ....

Amber Von Felts said...

The only thing I DO KNOW is that Phoney Fresh is la bomba! I love his stuff! :-)

Gonked, Glooked and Slurped! said...

Thanks, dudes!

Devlin: We had no info on either, so thank you! A Flickr member told us his grandma had those particular S&P shakers, so I guess we were right that they're not new.

PF: please feel free to approach us w/ any other finds you think may be GG&S-approved. We're really glad to have these. Thanks again.

Maxime, Esos bigotes son ...impresionantes.

monone said...

Claro que si ! :)