Thursday, September 15, 2011

An-Ti-So-Cial

Sorry to break your hearts, dear readers, but we're buckling under the pressure of keeping this blog active while preparing for our weddingit's a DIY affair and we're trying to make it as representative of us as possible. We'll be getting married in the next thirty days, so please venture back in late October and we'll treat y'all to the highly anticipated (not really) sequel to our vintage electronics post, as well as a peek at our largest recent acquisition and the final unveiling of Valery's dressing room.

In the meantime, please continue to project those posi-vibes our way, and feel free to flood our comments box with tearful missives lamenting our hiatus.

GG&S

5 comments:

ayeM8y said...

Hello I'm a long time lurker of your wonderful blog. I couldn't help notice the little stuffed man! I have one just like him but I thought he was homemade. Do you know anything about him?

Gonked, Glooked and Slurped! said...

ayeM8y, that portly fellow is a Gonk. Some of these were manufactured by a doll company, but yours could very well still be homemade, as the pattern for making these little guys was marketed by Simplicity. We would love to see another one of these!

ayeM8y said...

Oh thank you for giving my buddy a name. When I saw him I had to have him. He was just so different and unusual. I’ve been a junk dealer and collector for years but I’ve never run across another one. Gonk sits on my bed and is my reminder to make it up so he has a place to watch the day go by. Now he has another buddy.

Imagine my surprise and the (DUH) moment when I realized the namesake of your blog.

Thanks again,

ayeM8y

*~Barbie Miller ~* said...

Oh Noes your leaving us!!! True its only for 30 days and for a very valid reason I might add but still. Where oh where will my eyes turn for candy.
PS - Hope you post some wedding pics when you return, I am dying to see the finished product!

Gonked, Glooked and Slurped! said...

We shall see. No promises!