Thursday, November 19, 2009

Gremmie Out Of Control

Strange how the innocent perusal of Craigslist can turn into a nearly two month long saga...over a record I only wanted, and still only want, for its cover!

Here's the abridged version:

9.25.09: Record found mis-listed (it was retitled "Sounds of the Weird-Ons") in a batch of 78s.
Payment ($10) mailed because the seller is located 1hr away and I'm convinced that this record, like most kids records, is going to be trashed.
Record (allegedly) mailed out.
Record (allegedly) returned.
Picked up in person in a poorly coordinated parking lot rendezvous (8:30am).

So, not only was I totally off the mark on the actual condition of the record, but I would've also screwed myself out of an un-split and intact inner sleeve, had it been mailed. All's well, I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing worse than a gremmie outta control - in my humble opinion. Nice score...